2016 Fitness Trends
How Custom Fitness stays with the 2016 Fitness Trends
As every year comes and goes, so do fitness trends. Fitness is an ever-changing field. With all the infomercial products, quick fixes, and “magic pills”, fitness professionals have to stay on top of what’s going on in the fitness industry. At Custom Fitness, we love being able to say that we stay on trend every year. We have done that again this year, with the only exception being the number one slot (keep reading).
The ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) contacts around 3000 health and fitness professionals across the country to come up with this list of current fitness trends
- wearable technology
- body weight training
- high-intensity interval training
- strength training
- educated and experienced fitness professionals
- personal training
- functional fitness
- fitness programs for older adults
- exercise and weight loss
I’ll quickly go through the list and comment on how Custom Fitness is right on trend.
- Custom Fitness provides Heart Rate monitors for clients and class participants. These keep you within your HR target zone to get the maximum out of the training.
- We incorporate body weight exercises is almost all of our classes and training sessions. We even offer a “fun” body weight only class, once in a while.
- HIIT (high-intensity interval training), is used during the classes and personal training sessions, depending on your goals.
- Again, this is goal related. Is your goal is to build strength to lift more or to twist off that stubborn jar lid?
- Well, this one is easy to explain… Jane and I have over 30 years of combined training experience.
- This is the main part of Custom Fitness. Whether your sessions are in the comfort of your own home or at our private training studio, we’ve been personal training clients in the Burlington area for the past 24 years.
- This is a main focus in all of our programs. There’s normally some type of “practical application” to all the exercises we do.
- This goes along with the personal training. I’ve been training the older adult population for the past 15 years.
- Um…Yah this one goes without saying.
- Jane started teaching yoga classes about a year ago and I’ll be taking the yoga certification in February. I’ve been doing yoga inspired moves for quite some time and think it’s time for me to get the certification.
Well, here’s to another great year gone by, and another one to come. If you have any questions on how we at Custom Fitness can help you with any (or all) of the trends on this list, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for reading.